Gymnema Sylvestre, "The Sugar Destroyer" also known as Gurmar and Meshashringi, has been used in Ayurveda medicine for centuries to regulate sugar metabolism. Research has shown that Gymnema has a beneficial effect on Beta cells in the pancreas and delays glucose absorption.
- Helps to maintain blood sugar levels that are already within the normal range*
- Supports healthy function of the pancreas*
- Abolishes the taste of sugar, thus neutralizing the craving for sweets*
- 75% Total Gymnemic Acid, 35% Gymnemagenin (GMG)
The Science of Gymnema
Millions of Americans have difficulty maintaining stable blood sugar levels that are already within the normal range. The herb Gymnema (Gymnema sylvestre) is traditionally known as “gurmar”, meaning the sugar destroyer. For the past 1500 years, Ayurvedic physicians have used a combination of diet and Gymnema leaf to help support normal blood sugar levels. Research has shown that Gymnema has a beneficial effect on Beta cells in the pancreas and delays glucose absorption in the intestine. This activity helps protect the pancreas from releasing too much insulin. Long-term intake of Gymnema leaf extract lowered the body weight and triglyceride levels of rats fed a high-carbohydrate, low-fat diet, whether they were lean or over-weight, and without altering their serum levels of insulin. The inhibition of body weight gain and cholesterol levels by Gymnema leaf extract has been attributed to the constituent, gymnemagenin.
Take 1 capsule, twice a day after meals or as directed by your health care practitioner. Not for use by individuals with low blood sugar. Individuals taking oral hypoglycemic agents or insulin may need to adjust their dosages.
Not for use during pregnancy. If nursing or taking any prescription drugs, seek the advice of a health professional before using this product. Keep out of reach of children.
In Ayurveda there are seven basic body constitutions resulting from the predominance of one or more energetic influences or Doshas. The Doshas, Vata, Pitta and Kapha, influence physical, mental and spiritual health. Everyone is considered to be a unique combination of these three body influences. Your natural Doshic state of balance is called Prakruti. Gymnema helps to maintain blood sugar levels that are already within the normal range and can help to balance certain Doshas.
Care For The Environment
As a manufacturer, our actions can have a large impact on the environment. We always look for the most earth-friendly, sustainable choice.
Savesta Gymnema features:
- Vegetarian tablets with no animal-derived ingredients
- Sustainably wildcrafted leaves
- Extraction using only pure alcohol, not toxic solvents
- Bottles that are easily recyclable #2 plastic, HDPE
- Bottles are BPA free
- Non-irradiated herbs
Guide To Being Well – Healthy Blood Sugar
Lifestyle choices can make a difference. A recent study published in the New England Journal of Medicine showed that a healthy lifestyle including weight loss and moderate exercise can help to stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Eat a low-fat, high-fiber diet, including foods such as bran cereal, fruits, and vegetables.
- Remember to breathe deeply and try to reduce stress.
- Quit smoking, since it can aggravate health problems.
- Stay active and exercise at least three times per week.