Diatomaceous Earth For Your Home
Ingredients: 100% fresh water, food grade Diatomaceous Earth. It is unheated amorphous (non-crystalline) silicon dioxide.
Caution: As with any fine powder use caution if inhaled.
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth for radiant beauty, increased energy, and healthy rejuvenation.
As someone who has used and ingested DE every day for over a decade, I am still amazed at the many uses for this product. It is a marvelous alternative to many toxic chemicals as well as a natural beauty aid for both people and their pets.
A few of the many uses for DE:
- Lightly dust pets' bedding. DE will absorb oils, dirt, and smells. Keeps kennel areas dry and odor free.
- Use as a natural deodorizer for garbage cans, vacuum cleaner bags, and refrigerator.
- Mix DE with water to form a paste to polish silver and clean jewelry.
- DE is used in facial masks and scrubs to absorb impurities and exfoliate dead skin cells.
- Sprinkle a small amount of DE on toothpaste for a vigorous tooth polishing.
The FDA has allowed DE for agricultural use since the 1960's. Numerous studies have shown that feeding DE results in improved animal health and growth. The recommended amount is 2% dry weight. If mixed with water use one teaspoon per cup of liquid. Lumino's DE is neutral tasting.
- Kittens: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cats and Puppies: 1/2 - 1 teaspoon
- Dogs under 35 lbs: 1 teaspoon
- Dogs 35 - 50 lbs: 2 teaspoons
- Dogs over 50 lbs: 1 tablespoon
Dogs over 100 lbs: 2 tablespoons