Carnosine is a compound made up of the amino acids beta-alanine and L-histidine that acts as an antioxidant and a pH buffer, protecting muscle cell membranes from oxidation during and after exercise. Super Carnosine also contains luteolin, thiamine (vitamin B1) and benfotiamine to support DNA health and carnosine’s anti-aging benefits.
- Provides powerful protection against oxidizing agents
- Supports muscle recovery during and after exercise
- Helps heart muscle contract efficiently
- Supports healthy aging by inhibiting glycation molecules
- Contains other nutrients that complement carnosine’s effects
Muscle cells naturally contain high levels of carnosine. But as we age, carnosine levels decline, making supplementation essential, especially for athletes. Our Super Carnosine formula contains 500 mg of this potent antioxidant, plus luteolin, thiamine (vitamin B1) and benfotiamine to support DNA health and carnosine's antioxidant and glycation-inhibiting benefits.
Carnosine and muscle health
Since carnosine acts as a pH buffer, it can help protect muscle cells from the acidic conditions of exercise. Muscle cells naturally contain high levels of carnosine. While those levels decline with age, they can be replenished with carnosine supplementation. Carnosine also helps heart muscle cells contract more efficiently by supporting their cellular response to calcium.
Powerful glycation-inhibiting agent
Carnosine helps inhibit glycation, a process in which non-enzyme controlled cross-linking of proteins or lipids with sugars can form nonfunctioning molecules. Because glycation affects your body’s essential proteins, it can contribute to a variety of age-related factors, such as wrinkled skin.5 And carnosine is one of the most potent glycation-inhibiting nutrients there is.
Luteolin, thiamine, and benfotiamine
Our Super Carnosine formula also contains luteolin to help safeguard DNA health,plus thiamine (vitamin B1) and benfotiamine (a derivative of thiamine) to help inhibit glycation reactions7,8 and complement the health benefits of carnosine.
Dosage and Use
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.